Saturday, July 3, 2010

One more week in Thailand

Happy Independence Day! Hope you're all having a fabulous holiday with lots of picnic food and fireworks.

There's not much to report here, I think I'll finish my data collection Tuesday/Wednesday. That will leave me with enough time to work on my presentation on Thursday and time to relax on Friday. I have worked on my presentation but it's not up to snuff yet.

I leave for Taipei on Saturday morning and will be there for two weeks. I think I'll be done with my data collection in a week or a week and a half and my aunt and cousin are coming to Taipei for a couple of days while I'm there so I get to see the sights with them.

Nongnuch took me to the student night market here at KKU, which is an outdoor market with lots of food and goods vendor. There was so much food! It's not the most sanitary, but it was delicious. I had heard about all the night markets in Thailand and I was excited to go see one for myself. I took a couple of pictures of the market but I couldn't get any of the food.

I was excited about eating sticky rice and grilled corn, along with oyster pancakes and I'm happy to report all of it was delicious. I would have like to have dessert too but I was too full. They had a lot of ice-cream, dessert soups, sweet waffles, etc. They even had a sushi vendor that patrons picked the pieces they wanted and boxed it away.

Here's Nongnuch ordering a soup broth noodle meat dish. Much of the food was cooked there on the spot.There's a covered area with tables for eating and it's surrounded by food vendors.
There was quite a bit of people walking about even though it had just rained before and some of the vendors did not show up.Later today Nongnuch is going to take me around Khon Kaen so I can see some of the sights. I don't know where she's taking me but I hope to have some good pictures of it all. Have a good weekend!

1 comment: