Friday, July 16, 2010

Zoo Day

Hello all!

I had a really fun but tiring day. I finished my data collection yesterday, so I decided to do some sightseeing. Today I went to the zoo, which required me to take a train and bus. I managed not to get lost on the way there and that was awesome. The Taipei Zoo is really large and they have a lot of animals there so I spent the entire day there. There are lots of primates at the zoo and I managed to get lots of good pictures there. It was quite hot today so I was sweltering by the end of the day. I had a massive craving for french fries so I went to McDonald's at the zoo and it was delicious. Without further ado, here are some really cool animal pictures.They mist the greenery along the zoo paths every 5 or 10 minutes and I thought it looked neat.
There are lots of orchids along the zoo path so I thought I would try out the macro setting on my camera. Here are some regal looking king penguins.There were two different species of rhinos there, the regular and white rhino.There were at least ten hippos in the zoo! They are actually really active animals. There were at least three different species of zebras at the zoo. I love the giraffes. There were so many there.This is what everyone comes to the zoo to see, giant pandas! The zoo has two that were gifted from China recently. There are lots of macaques at the zoo.Here's a chimp enjoying his fruit and hiding in the shade. I love tapirs, they are one of my favorites animals at the zoo. I was bummed that I didn't get to see any elephants in Thailand, so here are some Asian elephants at the zoo. I have a lot more zoo pictures but I didn't want to overload my posts, so here's the gist of them. Tomorrow I meet my cousin and aunt in Taipei so we'll be going to see more sights. Talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment