Saturday, July 24, 2010

Last Day in Taiwan

Hi all,

It's been a hectic two weeks and my last day here has been pretty relaxing. However I discovered a little biting insect that won't stop pestering me so I have over 50 bites from these tiny biting midges and they itch like hell.

Tomorrow I have a 6AM flight to Hong Kong, then I will be collecting data for 3 weeks there and my parents arrive after that.

This past week my aunt and cousin came to Taipei and we went around to see the sights. I have lots of pictures of our adventures, so I'll post some here now. Here's a picture of the MRT here in Taipei. It's really clean and cheap!
Right before they came, I went to visit the Miniatures Museum of Taiwan and took a bunch of pictures. Here are some pictures of the museum.


Here's a picture of us at a Crab Shabu Shabu restaurant, which was yummy and a lot of food.We also went to Taipei 101 one of the tallest buildings in the world.
We also hit of Yeliu Geological Park, where there are all these interesting rock formations that were formed by geological processes. This is one of two dogs kissing, can you see it?
This is the famous rock formation everyone comes to see. It's called the queen's head. The park is next to the water, so I thought I would take a picture of the park.
Here's me on a boat on the way back from the Museum of Archaeology.
Here's the first exhibit in the museum of archaeology.
Here's me in front of the museum.
After sightseeing, we would often go to night markets and get some yummy food.
This is us in front of the National Palace Museum. It's one of the alrgest museums in Taiwan.

I have more pictures to post but I'll do it when I arrive in Hong Kong. Talk to you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment