Sunday, September 12, 2010

Singapore and Malaysia

Greetings!

My parents and I decided to go to Malaysia and Singapore because we've never been and our Japan plan fell through. So first off, here is a picture of one of the world's tallest towers, the Petronas Tower in Malaysia. It was kind of disappointing since we couldn't go up to the top of the towers because there wasn't an observatory there. However, there was a mall in the bottom of the towers. The one redeeming quality was the most amazing bakery in the mall. It's called Rotiboy and it had one of the best buns I've ever had. Here's a picture of a old Portuguese Fort and church, one of the few sites in Malaysia.
Surprisingly, there is a identical Iwo Jima Memorial to the one in Washington D.C. in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Here's a picture of my parents with the mounted guard outside the Palace of the Malaysian king in Kuala Lumpur.
Here's a picture of some parliamentary buildings in Kuala Lumpur.
We were only in Malaysia for two days so we didn't get to see much. Then we were off to neighboring city-country Singapore, which is also known for its strict laws. Here's a picture of the merlion in Singapore. For some reason there are a lot of them around Singapore.
We took a night cruise around the harbour and here are some of the buildings.
The main reason my parents wanted to go to Singapore was because of the Universal Studios. Here's my mom with Charlie Chaplin.
Finally, we went to a Singapore beach and we managed to catch the sunset and took a pretty family picture.
Well that's all for Singapore and Malaysia. All in all, I wouldn't return to Singapore because most of the sights revolve around shopping malls and everything was really expensive. The Universal Studios was tiny and most of the rides were closed. It wasn't that much fun. I would return to Malaysia because there's a lot of things that I would still want to see.

All in all, my Asian trek was very productive. I'll spend the next post(s) summing up the trip so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment